Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my LBRY connected email?
In certain cases, you may want to change the email connected to your LBRY App. LBRY stores the email address along with an access token which is unique to each user account. To clear this token, shutdown LBRY and see instructions below for each operating system.
Clearing out this token will allow you to change your email or reset your private access token. When you start up LBRY after clearing the token, you can reconnect an email address by going to Help > Set Email in the About section. After setting the email, your LBRY Rewards status should be transferred to the new account. If this does not happen, please reach out to us via email with your old/new email addresses.
- Open the Control Panel, find the Credentials Manager (may need change View By setting)
- Select Windows Credentials
- Under Generic Credentials, select LBRY/auth_token and click Remove
- Open the Mac Keychain (Click Finder > Go > Utilities > Keychain Access)
- Select the Passwords category on the left
- Find LBRY/auth_token and remove it
Ubuntu / Linux
(Exact steps may differ slightly)
- Go to Passwords and Keys
- Select the Login folder
- Find LBRY/auth_token and right click > Delete to remove it
(Exact steps may differ slightly) Before proceeding, please make sure to backup your wallet if there are funds in it
- Go to phone settings
- Select Apps/Applications
- Scroll down to find
- Click on it and select storage. Click
- Launch the LBRY app. It should ask for your new email
See a mistake? Edit this page on GitHub.